qt5- prefix

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 14:09:37 PST 2015

On Friday January 16 2015 16:43:45 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> > To be equally blunt: the user is always right.
>
> This is not our general attitude towards this matter.

And I rarely work on ports that I don't use or intend to use myself, so ... :)

> We prefer users not be allowed to choose their dependencies unless there's a good reason, such as API/ABI incompatibilities, or if the dependencies would take a very long time to build.

Both of which apply to Qt.

> A buildslave will not provide archives that a user could not compile themselves.

So the buildslaves for 10.6 run 10.6 themselves? Does each buildslave build with the minimal OS version set to the target OS version, and use the "current OS" SDK? (I'm pretty sure I've seen the minimal OS version set to 10.6 when building Qt5 this week, but not the SDK of course. In fact, I had to rename the 10.10 SDK Xcode 6.1 dumped on me to NOT build against that one... on 10.9).

Out of curiosity: If the binary packages for 10.7 are not built against the 10.7 SDK, it ought to be possible to rename them and put them in the right download directory on 10.6 and thus trick MacPorts into installing them, which should give working apps, no?

R.