SDK (isysroot) selection "rules"? (Qt5 related)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 08:42:12 PDT 2015

On Thursday June 18 2015 10:31:04 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>Xcode projects often include hardcoded values for the SDK, deployment target, and architectures, so if this is using an Xcode project file, check for that. If not, check the project's build system.

No, it doesn't use Xcode; it uses qmake. I think I'm discovering that Qt's own build system is the culprit; it has to be configured with -sdk macosx10.9 or else it will use the 10.10 SDK. It's too early to confirm if that indeed resolves the missing symbol issue I've been seeing in Qt Creator but initial testing with manual compilation of the file using the symbol suggests it should. I'm no longer seeing -isysroot calling for the 10.10 sdk but rather the 10.9 sdk.

FWIW: I've been able simply to reconfigure Qt after cleaning only the qmake build directory, followed by an incremental rebuild. A hell of a lot faster than building the whole shebang yet again ...

R.