github portgroup design

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Jun 24 23:56:38 PDT 2015

----- On 25 Jun, 2015, at 03:19, Joshua Root jmr at macports.org wrote:

>> I like named args in Objective-C and Swift, but we haven't used them in setup
>> procs, that I recall. We use them some in MacPorts base, yes? Need a good
>> example to look at...
>
> The add_users option and its underlying adduser/addgroup procs are one
> example that uses the = approach.

And some more "native" to Tcl/Tk applications use the -name value approach. For
example, glue code we generate using SWIG uses the following operations that are
apparently similar to Tk widgets:

To load:
  $ref cget -fieldname
To store:
  $ref configure [-fieldname $value]...

See some of the rev-upgrade code that uses this:
 http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/src/macports1.0/macports.tcl?marks=4621,4624,4627#L4618
and the SAT-solving GSoC branch uses configure:
 http://trac.macports.org/browser/branches/gsoc15-dependency/base/src/macports1.0/macports_libsolv.tcl?marks=100-102#L98

--
Clemens Lang