python + fortran: seeking help

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Sat Jun 27 15:57:48 PDT 2015

Hi Mojca - Fortran and Python aren't generally the easiest mix. NumPy
and SciPy struggle with them, too. Some projects provide a reasonable
configuration or setup interface into which one can specify a specific
compiler for CC, CXX, F90, FF, whatever & their *FLAGS too; some don't.
I haven't looked at these projects specifically, so I can't say which
way they go; but, I'd guess from your comment that they are of the type
which make one struggle. That said, the light at the end of the tunnel
is that once you do figure out how to do it, setting the various
compilers usually works really well inside the project. How to get from
here to there? Hacking, persistence, and luck? - MLD