repetitive path gives filename too long errors

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 02:08:17 PDT 2015

On Sunday March 08 2015 23:25:53 Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>I agree, those filenames are too long. Whatever is creating those long filenames should rethink that strategy. I don't know what's creating those filenames, only that it's not MacPorts.

I CC'ed here mostly to see if any port maintainers had run into a similar issue and found a workaround. The repetition isn't MacPorts fault, but the length of the repeated component is (as far as that's a fault). One workaround might be to build in /tmp/macports (however that c/would be achieved ... loopback device or mount -bind equivalent?).

In fact, couldn't the trick used by tracemode be used also to map between a virtual, compact and readable path visible to the build process and the real ${workpath}? That would really be nice just for readability ...

R.