Changing port group default options

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 13:51:14 PDT 2015

On Tuesday March 31 2015 16:23:47 Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

I'm with Mojca on this.

> > I feel that starting a new revision would introduce way more work than
> > benefits.

Depends on how you look at it. If the new revision had the OOS build activated by default and from the onset, most maintainers would only have had to bump the PortGroup version number rather than adding a line at an appropriate location

But:

> Why? We wouldn't have to continue maintaining the old versions, other
> than to fix serious bugs.

CMake is rather meant to be used in some form of OOS context. Given the evident advantages of not building in the source tree one could argue that not using the approach is a serious design flaw (as in, yes, I'm serious, design flaw) ;)

R.