buildbot env

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon May 11 06:12:51 PDT 2015

On May 11, 2015, at 8:00 AM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> Do we have our buildbot environments documented?
>
> Today on IRC:
> jedna:hi, i was wondering on the configuration used to build the binary packages on packages.macports.org, specificaly the darwin_12 ones. if gcc or clang is used, version, and so on. is it documented somewhere, please?

It's not documented anywhere that I know of. We usually intend to use the latest version of Xcode applicable to each of the buildbot builders, though we may wait a little while after a new Xcode release, in case a new version introduces new problems for MacPorts. We might also wait simply due to negligence: when a new version of Xcode is released, someone has to remember to file a ticket in our issue tracker, set to the server/hosting component, which gets sent to our Mac OS Forge administrators who will then update Xcode; sometimes we forget to do that.

On Mountain Lion, the latest version is Xcode 5.1.1 with Apple LLVM version 5.1 (clang-503.0.40) (based on LLVM 3.4svn):

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/XcodeVersionInfo#OSX10.8

The Mountain Lion builder was updated to this version a couple weeks ago:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/47299