Owner of MacPorts account on GitHub

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 13 23:17:39 PST 2015

On Nov 13, 2015, at 1:16 PM, Arno Hautala wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Rainer Müller  wrote:
>
>> Maybe it would be enough to search in the subject instead, but for some ports
>> with generic names this would return many unrelated results.
>
> It's less than ideal, but a convention of something like port_portname
> would work for narrowing down searches.

Users don't follow conventions or instructions when filing tickets. I don't think users can be fixed to do this.

port_portname wouldn't help with short port names like e, q and R, because it would also find tickets about ports whose names begin with e, q and R. Granted, what we have in Trac doesn't make it easy to find tickets about those ports either, especially tickets about those ports *and* other ports, where the Port field in the issue tracker contains multiple port names.