Python PortGroup resets depends_lib ?

Aljaž Srebrnič g5pw at macports.org
Thu Oct 8 02:46:49 PDT 2015

> On 05 ott 2015, at 23:38, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is it "normal" that the Python PortGroup resets `depends_lib` in the code called through
>
> python.versions X Y [Z]
>
> ?
>
> This may work fine for pure Python ports, but it introduces annoying side-effects with the dependencies that may have been set by other PortGroups (cf. port:py-pyqt4).
> It turns out to be perfectly possible to cache and restore the settings, e.g.
>
> PortGroup qt4 1.0
> set depends_lib_backup ${depends_lib}
> PortGroup python 1.0
>
> # ...
> python.versions 27 34
>
> depends_lib-append ${depends_lib_backup}
>
> Why does the PortGroup not do this, or have I missed a trick to achieve the same thing?

Hm, that’s interesting. Indeed on lines 110 and 187 of python-1.0.tcl depends_lib is used directly, but on lines 100 and 191 depends_lib-append is used.
In the qt4 PortGroup only depends_lib-append is used though. I wonder what happens if you call the python PortGroup first, and the qt4 one below it?

--
Aljaž Srebrnič a.k.a g5pw
My public key:  http://bit.ly/g5pw_pubkey