#49026: update of fail2ban to v0.9.3

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Oct 9 07:49:59 PDT 2015

Hello Francois,

On 2015-10-05 09:04, Francois Claire wrote:
> Could someone please check and commit this one?
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/49026

Thanks for your work in porting and patching fail2ban!

I noticed some things while trying to set this up. I don't know if these
were introduced with fail2ban 0.9.x, so I am just listing them here for
discussion.

jail.conf:
  banaction = iptables-multiport

This will never work on OS X because we do not have iptables, right?
It would probably make sense to provide a better default (pfctl?).
iptables appears in multiple places in this file.

fail2ban.conf:
  dbfile = /opt/local/var/run/fail2ban/fail2ban.sqlite3

Persistent files are usually stored in ${prefix}/var/lib/ or
${prefix}/var/db/ and not ${prefix}/var/run/. The latter is meant to
hold volatile files (for example, the PID of the running daemon).

paths-osx.conf:
  apache_error_log = /private/var/log/apache2/error_log
  apache_access_log = /private/var/log/apache2/access_log

Would it make sense to point these to apache2 from MacPorts? That would
probably be something in ${prefix}/apache2/logs/.

Rainer