passing variants to dependencies; pre-activate check

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Oct 13 17:26:06 PDT 2015

On 2015-10-14 04:53 , David Strubbe wrote:
> Can anyone help me with these questions?
>
> In short, I am wondering:
> - Why does 'port install xcrysden +x11' pass the variant +x11 to the
> installation of tk only if BWidget is also not installed?

It passes the variant on during installation of dependencies in both
cases, but tk happens to already be installed during the upgrading of
BWidget which happens before dependencies are installed.

Wanting this to work how you want is exactly equivalent to depending on
variants, which you can't currently do.

> - Why is pre-activate code executed twice?

It isn't, two pre-activate procedures have been registered and they are
each executed once.

- Josh