f2py: request for help

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Oct 28 12:20:12 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to package spacepy, but I'm still stuck at problems with Fortran.

One particular problem is following these instructions:
    http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy-dev/f2py/getting-started.html

Apart from the fact that I don't know how to get a binary called
"f2py" (it would be nice to have the executable without the extension
available), running
    f2py-3.5 -c fib1.f -m fib1
fails to find the Fortran compiler as it looks for gfortran only.

It works if I use
    f2py-3.5 --f90exec=/opt/local/bin/gfortran-mp-5 -c fib1.f -m fib1

On the other hand the C compiler (/opt/local/bin/clang-mp-3.4) seems
to be hardcoded.

Does anyone have any insights/suggestions about these issues?

Thank you,
    Mojca