Using cxx11 PortGroup on < 10.9

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Jan 26 11:49:08 PST 2016

On 2016-01-25 18:55, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Jan 25, 2016, at 09:29, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> (Even more than that I would really like to see the buildbots with
>> libc++ as their default stdlib being set up.)
>
> As far as I know nothing has changed on this front. I'm totally
> willing to set up libc++ build slaves for 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8, but
> cannot do so until we agree on a naming scheme to differentiate
> libc++ packages from libstdc++ packages, implement that in base, and
> release it.

We also need changes to add cxx_stdlib to the parameters in
archive_sites.conf/archive_sites.tcl.

> Well, that would be a prerequisite for *distributing* such packages.
> I suppose we could set up build slaves that just build and don't
> distribute their packages. But that wouldn't be as helpful.

With more and more ports requiring C++11, how many ports do we have that
have a hard requirement on libstdc++? This only happens when a port
wants to link against system libraries linked with libstdc++. Such a
buildbot with "cxx_stdlib libc++" could be helpful to find these ports.

Rainer