about keeping a checksums table in a separate file

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 07:54:56 PST 2016

Hi,

My KF5 Portfile now contains about 60 subports, one for each KF5 framework plus a few meta-ports. At the moment I still use "inlined" checksums, which makes applying upgrades quite cumbersome (requiring manual copy/paste).
It would be possible to write a script that invokes `port fetch` to get the updated distfiles, calculates the corresponding checksums and then creates a table. I feel that would only be a real solution if that table can be stored in a separate file, to be sourced by the Portfile. Adding a large table at the top of a Portfile that is already quite long isn't going to make it any wieldier (even if it means removing as many 2-line statements from all subports).

I've toyed with Portfiles sourcing other files before, and that usually led to (bogus) errors being printed about those sourced files, when uninstalling or de/activating ports. Is there a way to do this without raising such messages, e.g. by reading the file from ${filespath}?

Thanks,
R.