[150207] trunk/dports/perl/p5-net-cidr-lite/Portfile

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Jul 14 08:17:40 PDT 2016

On Jul 14, 2016, at 11:14 AM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:
> I don't think it's useful to define a status for "it's unclear which version of a license this falls under". (what kind of decisions would we make based on that data?)
>
> "this license is underspecified; prod someone to fix it"

which is also true of any portfile without a license line.

I'm asking what the utility is of having a middle ground between "we know what this license is" and "we don't know what this license is"

Or, I'm arguing that if it's unclear what version of a license applies, we should treat it the same as not knowing what license applies.
--
Daniel J. Luke