[146276] trunk/dports/databases

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sun Mar 6 11:22:28 PST 2016

On 6 March 2016 at 18:01, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> We could remove all ports that depend on mysql4 and mysql5 exclusively or
> via default variants. The remaining ports would then have their mysql4 or
> mysql5 variant removed.
>
> The removed ports could be brought back if someone was interested in fixing
> them.

That would be a bit harsh, wouldn't it? I bet that a number of ports
would work with a different database without any additional patches.

I asked long ago if someone could provide guidelines for transition,
but nobody did. It's not clear to me what the suggested way is, so
that we could at least make some consistent changes rather than every
port switching to a different database with completely different code.

Mojca