Apache2 rev bump for OpenSSL update

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Mar 10 12:15:27 PST 2016

On Mar 10, 2016, at 2:05 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>> That's probably safe, but I don't think there is a compelling reason to try and only revbump the minimal set of ports (better to have some needless rebuilds/downloads of binary archives than to have mysteriously broken ports).
>
> You can't programmatically revbump safely,

with existing tool(s).

> because in ports with subports you have to manually determine which subport(s) to revbump and how to do so.

The general problem is something we should address.

(a 'compatibility version' we store for ports and make part of the dependency engine? a better 'revbump a bunch of ports tool'? something else?)

We should have a way to reliably force rebuilds

> e.g. the php port is definitely a special case.

(and is otherwise problematic since it has us distributing versions of php that no longer have upstream support)

> So if you're manually examining all ports that depend on openssl, you can run an "svn log" on them to see if any commits after r146162 updated the version or revision.

ick.

--
Daniel J. Luke