multiple distfiles from multiple sources and with multiple compression types

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:30:48 PDT 2016

On Friday March 25 2016 20:59:47 Ian Rees wrote:

Hi Ian,

> for ccs, and a .tgz for spooles.  As far as I could figure out, the fetch
> step can handle multiple files, but the extract step can not.    -Ian-

That's what I figured would happen indeed.

A related observation: you can only use one of the use_{zip,bz2,xz,etc} commands once; subsequent calls have no effect.
Thus, if all but a handful of the tarballs of a software family use xz compression you cannot put a "use_xz" in the PortGroup and override it with, say, use_bz2 for the few exceptions.

R.