qt5- or -qt5?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon May 16 07:21:32 PDT 2016

Hi,

Did we ever agree on a consensus how to name ports that have Qt4 and Qt5 versions (instead of variants)?
I see a number that use a prefix (qt5-foo) and also some that use a suffix (foo-qt5), at least among my (proposed) ports.
I wouldn't mind adhering to a scheme where the prefix indicates Qt components (ports that *provide* Qt, qt5-kde, qt5-qtbase, qt5-qtwebkit etc) and where a suffix is used to distinguish ports that *depend* on Qt.

Then again, all my KF5 ports use a prefix, as far as that's a comparable situation....