Epiphany requires gnupg and does not accept gnupg21?

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Sat Oct 8 17:29:15 PDT 2016

> On Oct 8, 2016, at 3:33 PM, Johannes Kastl <mail at ojkastl.de> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> while trying to upgrade my gimp2 port today, I stumbled upon
> epiphany throwing this error:
>
>> sudo port install epiphany --->  Computing dependencies for
>> epiphany Error: Unable to execute port: Can't install gnupg
>> because conflicting ports are active: gnupg21
>
> Is this a known issue?

That would be gcr, not epiphany.

	% port echo depends:gnupg and rdepof:epiphany
	gcr

gnupg and gnupg21 conflict so that users don't run into unexpected
behavior switching back and forth [1]. I'm not really sure what the best
way of remedying this is.

[1]: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45856#comment:3

vq