Need help debugging failed build on build server

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jul 31 17:02:20 UTC 2021

On Jul 31, 2021, at 10:38, Janosch Peters wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to add a new port called MacPassHTTP to macports: https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/10162
>
> On the build server I get the following error:
>
> Installing dependency (15 of 15) 'MacPass' with variants '' (requesting '') ... [FAIL] (fetch) <----
> ##[error]Failed to install dependencies for MacPassHTTP
> /Users/runner/work/_temp/46c5b442-217e-42c5-8adc-69d4580ae708.sh: line 57: 3362 Terminated: 15 tail -f "$workdir/logs/dependencies-progress.txt" 2> /dev/null
> ##[error]Bash exited with code '1'.
> Finishing: Build changed subports
>
> Link: https://dev.azure.com/macports/macports-ports/_build/results?buildId=15669&view=logs&j=ca395085-040a-526b-2ce8-bdc85f692774&t=08703039-49d0-5b78-7691-5b9414c62c1d
>

> 1. Are there any logs accessible for me where I can see why fetching MacPass fails?
> 2. Does someone know what could be the cause for this? Fetching macpass works fine on my Mac.

At https://dev.azure.com/macports/macports-ports/_build/results?buildId=15669&view=logs&j=ca395085-040a-526b-2ce8-bdc85f692774

click "1 artifact"
mouse over the line "logs.zip"
click the vertical "..." at the end of the row
click "Download artifacts"
expand the downloaded logs.zip.zip
expand the logs.zip inside it
open the file logs.zip/logs/MacPassHTTP/logs/install-dependencies.log

It says the reason why MacPass failed to fetch is:

--->  Fetching distfiles for MacPass
DEBUG: elevating privileges for fetch: euid changed to 0, egid changed to 0.
DEBUG: dropping privileges: euid changed to 502, egid changed to 501.
DEBUG: Executing proc-pre-org.macports.fetch-fetch-0
Error: MacPass @0.8-RC2 requires macOS 11 or greater
Error: Failed to fetch MacPass: incompatible OS X version

The Azure Pipelines builder is for macOS 10.14. There are GitHub Actions builders for macOS 10.15 and 11.