Re: privoxy-pki-bundle not Behaving as Desired – Request for Assistance

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon May 23 06:16:43 UTC 2022

On May 22, 2022, at 13:43, Steven Smith wrote:

> A standard install command grabs pre-built stuff from https://packages.macports.org/privoxy-pki-bundle. This pre-built stuff is inevitably stale because it inevitably contains expired certs.

Again, why is it the case that what we built on the buildbot contains expired certs? Why would having the user build the port locally result in non-expired certs being used? What has changed between the time that the buildbot built the package and the time that the user installs it?

> We want to port to install stuff, just not pre-built expired stuff.
>
> The desired behavior is to always install from “source,” i.e. the behavior that goes with “port -s install” which always installs the latest up-to-date PKI.
>
> How does one write a Portfile to prevent installs from being cached at https://packages.macports.org/privoxy-pki-bundle ?

It is possible to do that but I hesitate to tell you how because I am almost certain it is not the correct solution to whatever problem you are having.