darwinports broken on intel?

Kevin Prichard kprichard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 07:08:13 PST 2006

As a follow-up, I also upgraded XCode to the very latest (as of
yesterday.)  I also updated python to 2.5 with the MacPython
installer, though darwinports doesn't seem to have much in the way of
python code.

This seems to be a problem in Pextlib, or building it anyways, as the
error indicates that osx is having trouble reading that one file.
Searching around I see that others have had the same problem, but no
solutions yet that I haven't tried.  Is this perhaps a PPC-Intel
compatibility issue?  I'm at my wits end here, the only other thing I
can think to do is start reinstalling other packages, maybe even OS X,
in the hopes of discovering the cause of pextlib's untimely demise.

Thanks,
Kevin