some sylpheed questions

Une Bévue yt.dev at free.fr
Sat Dec 30 01:19:07 PST 2006

Le jeudi 30 déc. 06 19:06 à 04:21, Kevin Ballard a écrit :

>> I have just installed sylpheed from ports. Just a few questions...
>> - can i use it without X11?

definitely NO !

>> - how would i add an icon to my dock for this app? im more used to
>> doing this on freeBSD.

yes make use of my AppleScript Sylpheed launcher lovated here :
<www.yvon-thoraval.com/Scripts/>
or, when my box is down :
<thoraval.yvon.free.fr/Scripts>

takes one of the files :

Sylpheed_dist.dmg.zip (the bin only)
Sylpheed_src.dmg.zip  (the whole AppleScriptStudio project)

the AppleScript app WORKS ONLY with the MacPort installed Sylpheed
(path to sylpheed is "hard" coded, but u might change that to your
needs esealy.

>> - has anyone using sylpheed set it up using gmail? I have set it
>> up with gmail on a windows machine, which works fine receiving but
>> i cant send my using it...

no prob because gmail is POP...

NOTICE the MacPorts Sylpheed is OUT OF DATE since YEARS (2 to 3)...

i'll write a pkg in order to install Sylpheed the latest within
weeks, if interested, send me an email...

best,

Yvon