Making a port

Andy Kish kobold at andrewkish.name
Sat Dec 30 12:40:27 PST 2006

Chapters 3 and 4 here should get you started: http://
darwinports.opendarwin.org/docs/index.html Chapter 15 deals with how
to submit the port once you are done, although you'll have to
interpolate between the old bug tracking system and the new.

Sadly the documentation hasn't been moved over to the new website or
updated.

If you want to work on an updating scheme48, you might want to start
from the old portfile using:
port cat scheme48 > Portfile.old

then just submit the diff as shown in Chapter 15 when submitting the
update.

Andy