Postgrey 1.27, errors

Brian Matzon brian at matzon.dk
Wed Nov 22 00:08:16 PST 2006

Using the installed p5-berkeleydb + db4, I tried installing Postgrey manually  - no ports file - however once installed I get the following error when running it:
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _db_version
  Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/darwin-2level/auto/BerkeleyDB/BerkeleyDB.bundle
  Expected in: dynamic lookup

dyld: Symbol not found: _db_version
  Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/darwin-2level/auto/BerkeleyDB/BerkeleyDB.bundle
  Expected in: dynamic lookup

It sounds a lot more like an issue with macports/db4/berkeleydb than with postgrey, and searching the net hasn't really provided any solution.
I have debugged the db4 install, and it is being compiled using gcc4.

Can anyone provide some insight/info?

I would love to have someone provide a portfile too ofcourse ;)
(I dont know how to make my own, since it would prob require some patching due to the default paths not using /opt/local)