Forcing dylib builds

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Oct 20 07:23:07 PDT 2006

On Oct 19, 2006, at 8:54 PM, Dethe Elza wrote:
> Is there anything I can pass in to make the port build dynamic
> libraries, or do I need to edit the portfile?

I would guess that there's not a variant to build the dynamic
libraries, but you can check with 'port info portname' or by reading
the portfile from 'port cat portname'

> And if I have to edit the port, are they cached locally or do I
> need to set up a local portfile repository?

For a quick hack, you can do 'port edit portname' and just modify the
port.

If you do make an improvement, please consider sharing it with
everyone by submitting your changes to the maintainer (through trac),
or if the port isn't maintained by anyone, by considering taking
maintainership of the port.

--
Daniel J. Luke