Trouble with installing mysql5

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 29 11:20:10 PST 2006

On Oct 29, 2006, at 09:40, Takashi Yoshida wrote:

> Does anyone have problem with installing mysql5?
> I tried to install it several times on my MacBook Pro, but it looks
> like the tarball does not exist at the server.
>
> I get the following error message:

[snip]

> --->  Fetching mysql5
> DEBUG: Executing com.apple.fetch (mysql5)
> --->  mysql-5.0.26.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /opt/local/var/
> db/dports/distfiles/mysql5
> --->  Attempting to fetch mysql-5.0.26.tar.gz from http://
> mysql.mirrors.pair.com/Downloads/MySQL-5.0/
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
> Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
> Left  Speed
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:01
> --:--:--     0
> DEBUG: Fetching failed:: HTTP response code said error

I tried downloading 5.0.26 from that location just now and get a "404
Not Found" response.

> --->  Attempting to fetch mysql-5.0.26.tar.gz from http://
> mysql.he.net/Downloads/MySQL-5.0/
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
> Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
> Left  Speed
> 350   222  350   734    0     0    533      0 --:--:--  0:00:01
> --:--:--   533
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for mysql5
> DEBUG: Executing com.apple.checksum (mysql5)
> --->  Checksumming mysql-5.0.26.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for mysql-5.0.26.tar.gz

 From this URL I get a "302 Moved" response which redirects to http://
mirrors.he.net/cgi-bin/error404, and that URL delivers a "200 OK"
response. No wonder MacPorts can't see that this is supposed to
represent an error. This mirror is configured stupidly.

[snip]

> I tried to download the file directory using a web browser, but I
> can't find the file there either.
> Can anyone help me?

Perhaps the problem is that MySQL 5.0.27 was just released. Perhaps
all the mirrors have already deleted 5.0.26 from their servers.
Rather inconvenient for us.

James is the maintainer of mysql5. James, do you have time to update
mysql5 to 5.0.27? If not, I'd be happy to do it.

> And also, when download error occurs, what can I do (my connection
> to the server isn't always stable)? I tried running: sudo port -d
> clean <package name>. After this, I try installing again but I
> always end up having the same error. It seems like it's not even
> retrying to download. I have to dig around /opt/local/var for the
> offending file and it's really cumbersome. Is there a quick way to
> redownload the source files without having to dig around?

I thought that was all that was needed. Perhaps you need to say "sudo
port clean --dist <package>"