[Macports-users] port error "Error: Target com.apple.fetch returned: fetch failed"

Rahul Iyer rahul.s.iyer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 18:02:27 PDT 2006

Hello.

While trying to "port" multi-gnome-terminal on my Mac OS X Tiger - Macbook
(Intel), I encountered the following error. Being new to macports I am not
sure how to infer this message correctly. The only other error I noticed is,
following link also returns a 404 Page not Found error.
http://www.macports.org/darwinports/dports/gnome/multi-gnome-terminal/Portfile

sudo port install multi-gnome-terminal
--->  Fetching libiconv
--->  Attempting to fetch libiconv-1.10.tar.gz from gnu
--->  Attempting to fetch libiconv-1.10.tar.gz from opendarwin
Error: Target com.apple.fetch returned: fetch failed
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gdk-pixbuf glib1 gettext
libiconv pkgconfig gtk1 jpeg libpng zlib tiff gnome-libs imlib libungif
libghttp oaf libxml orbit popt libglade scrollkeeper docbook-xml
docbook-xml-scrollkeeper docbook-xsl intltool p5-xml-parser perl5.8 libxslt
libxml2

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
-r