How to get emacs with X11 support

Vebjorn Ljosa ljosa-lists-macports-users at ljosa.com
Wed Sep 20 09:56:38 PDT 2006

Hi,

I would really like an emacs with X11 support, but the emacs port
(21.4a, Revision 1, editors/emacs) was configured without it.
In the portfile,

  /opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/editors/emacs/Portfile,

I see the line

  configure.args  --without-x --without-carbon,

so that explains why there is no X11, support.  I tried removing the
"--without-x", but ended up with a "Fatal error (10).Bus error" when I
tried to start the resulting emacs.  (I'm on Mac OS 10.3, Darwin
7.9.0.)

Is there an easy way to build the emacs port with X11 support?

Thanks,
Vebjorn