kde problem

Edward Thome edthome at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 25 13:00:17 PDT 2006

On Sep 25, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Bengt Nilsson wrote:

> Trying to install kde:
>
> --->  Configuring kdelibs3
> --->  Building kdelibs3 with target all
> Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd /opt/
> local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_kde_kdelibs3/work/kdelibs-3.5.1 && ./CompileScript.sh"
> returned error 1
> Command output: the following environment is being used:

<snip!>

> *** YOU'RE USING autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.60.
> *** KDE requires autoconf 2.53 or newer
> make: *** [cvs] Error 1
> kdelibs3-3.5.1-3 cvs-build failed!
>
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: kdebase3
> kdelibs3 kdenetwork3 kdepim3 kdeaccessibility3 kdeutils3
>
> What's that supposed to mean? You are using autoconf 2.60, version
> 2.53 or newer is required?!!?
>
> Bengt Nilsson

The same thing happened to me this weekend.

I went to

/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/
rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/kde/kdelibs3

and edited the Portfile

by replacing the lines

depends_build   	port:autoconf \
                			port:automake

with

depends_build   port:automake

and it worked!

I know that I probably shouldn't, and that the maintainer needs to
know so that it can be fixed, but in the meantime it worked.

Fingers continually crossed.
Ed Thome