Unable to upgrade apr-util

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Apr 6 20:31:33 PDT 2007

On Apr 6, 2007, at 3:53 PM, Takashi Yoshida wrote:
> I upgrade my MacPorts to 1.4 and tried upgrading apr-util to 1.2.8
> revision 2. But it does not build due to some errors in sqlite3
> (one of the dependencies of apr-util).

An update to sqlite3 was just committed, I don't know if it will help
or not.

For a quick fix, you can install apr-util without sqlite (if you
don't need it) with the +no_sqlite variant.

> /usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: /opt/local/var/db/
> dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_devel_ncurses/work/destroot/opt/local/lib/libncurses.5.dylib
> referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libreadline.dylib (checking for
> undefined symbols may be affected) (No such file or directory,
> errno = 2)

This looks like libreadline is trying to find the wrong libncurses
(the one from the build directory).

You could try doing:

port sync
port -f uninstall readline
port clean --all readline
port install readline

To force it to rebuild.

It's possible that ncurses is the port that had the problem so you
may need to rebuild it first:

port -f uninstall ncurses
port clean --all ncurses
port install ncurses