BIND9 stopped working...

Alex Kac alex at webis.net
Mon Apr 9 08:09:40 PDT 2007

On Apr 9, 2007, at 8:27 AM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2007, at 8:46 PM, Alex Kac wrote:
>> Nope. I have no restrictions at all. What's weird is if I restart
>> it, it works fine. Not an option for a server, though.
>
> if you restart the server?
>
> What if you just restart bind?
>
> or kill -HUP it ?

Well that's what I mean. If I HUP named, its fine. Works great. No
problem. But if I restart the server then it doesn't work. It seems
like on startup it doesn't realize what IP addresses I have and so
only listens on localhost. If I HUP it after the server is running,
it realizes what IPs I have and starts just fine.

I'm going to play with the config file. I just don't understand why
it was working fine before, but not after the changeip script.

>> On Apr 8, 2007, at 7:41 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have listen-on or allow-query options set in your
>>> named.conf file?
>>>
>>> You probably just have to update the address from the old IP to
>>> the new one in there.
>
> --
> Daniel J. Luke
> +========================================================+
> |   Opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily   |
> |          reflect the opinions of my employer.          |

Alex Kac - President and Founder
Web Information Solutions, Inc. - Microsoft Certified Partner

"The person who is not hungry says that the coconut has a hard shell."
-- African Tribal Saying