Website redesign (was Re: Please clear up DarwinPort/MacPorts confusion)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 11 12:34:42 PDT 2007

On Apr 11, 2007, at 14:21, Björn Lundin wrote:

> 11 apr 2007 kl. 19.52 skrev Sean Fulton:
>
>> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/doc/
>
> It seems like I don't get my own postings, so I repy to this one
> again.
> Judging from the subject, I take it that this is the list to ask
> questions about the
> making of the docs? Or is there another list for that?

I'd say this list is fine. There's only the dev and the users list.

> I'm just curious about tha last line in the Makefiles :
>
> include ../../base/Mk/dports.autoconf.mk
>
> I don't have it.
>
> minimac: bnl$ locate dports.autoconf.mk
> /opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/
> rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate1/base/Mk/dports.autoconf.mk.in
>
> What do I install to get it?
> (Tried autoconf, but taht got me Perl 5.8 amongst other things
> instead ;-) But I think I need it anyway)
>
> Running 'make all' with that line commented out runs fine,
> except for 'tidy' warnings.

If you just checked out the doc directory, then yes, you don't have
it, because as you see it goes up a level into the base directory. To
get it, check out the directory above doc -- the trunk itself --
which will get you doc and base -- and more. If you don't want the
more, you can use:

svn checkout -N http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/
cd trunk
svn up doc base

Even then, you won't have dports.autoconf.mk; you'll only have
dports.autoconf.mk.in. To get dports.autoconf.mk, ./configure and
possibly make in base.

> So what is that file intended to do?

That I don't know.