sudo broken after port install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Apr 16 20:38:34 PDT 2007

On Apr 16, 2007, at 22:32, Chris Drackett wrote:

> I just installed port, then mysql5 +server, svn and py-docutils py-
> mx on a brand new mac. However, now when I open a new shell and
> type "sudo" i get:
>
> Calvin:~ cwd$ sudo
> sudo: can't stat /opt/local/etc/sudoers: No such file or directory
>
> what did I break, and how do I fix it!

You presumably installed and are now using /opt/local/bin/sudo
instead of the system's usual /usr/bin/sudo. I don't know what port
installs sudo, but the sudo port would be my guess. You could know
for sure by typing "port provides /opt/local/bin/sudo". You could
then either uninstall that port, or you could create /opt/local/etc/
sudoers with reasonable contents (which might be similar to what's
already in /etc/sudoers).