[SOLVED] Re: apache2 activating php5

Yvon Thoraval yt.dev at free.fr
Wed Apr 25 03:53:53 PDT 2007

Le 24 avr. 07 à 11:13, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
> Sounds like you're almost there. Let me see what I have in my
> apache2 httpd.conf, which is working fine with php5.
>

> Near the other LoadModule directives at the top, you'll need this:
>
> LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so

NO that was the trick i had to put the absolute PATH of libphp5.so :
^^^^^^^^----------------------------

LoadModule php5_module /opt/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so

instead of the default relative PATH :

LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so

ALSO, i've to mention it seems the file :

/opt/local/apache2/conf/extras-conf/mod_php.conf

which contains :

$ cat conf/extras-conf/mod_php.conf
<IfModule mod_php5.c>

AddType  application/x-httpd-php         .php
AddType  application/x-httpd-php-source  .phps

</IfModule>

IS UNUSED might be because their is no "mod_php5.c" at all ?

then i leave :

  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

in the httpd.conf file.

best,