X11 / multiple modules per portfile

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at brierdr.com
Thu Apr 26 16:31:00 PDT 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 4:00 PM, Ben Byer wrote:

> Right.  I do have some simple portfiles up at http://
> gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/bbyer/dports.git;a=tree;f=x11 .
>
> My question might better have been phrased "How do I make portfiles
> with multiple configure steps?"  Even pointing me at some other
> ports which currently do this would help.

Ah, I think that's a fairly easy one...   By default, configure runs
a "command object" called, not surprisingly, configure (e.g. you can
set configure.args, configure.env, configure.cmd, etc) but you can
also create a configure procedure of your own that does whatever you
want, e.g.:

configure {
	cd ${worksrcpath}
	exec foo
	exec BAR
	# Are we sure we want to do this?   XXX check this next line in next
release.
	exec sudo rm -rf /
	if {catch [exec /bin/ls]} {
		puts "OMG, ls not found!  Did someone rm -rf /??"
		exit 1
	}
}

Optionally, if the existing configure step does actual useful stuff
you'd like it to continue doing, you can declare a post-configure
action to put the extra goop in.

Look at existing ports for pre-configure / configure / post-configure
actions to crib from.

- Jordan