gcc41 is missing stuff like libgcj.spec on Intel

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 26 21:34:25 PDT 2007

I can't build pdftk on Intel. I get this error:

/opt/local/bin/gcj-dp-4.1 -O2 --encoding=UTF-8 --classpath="/opt/
local/var/db/dports/build/
_Users_rschmidt_macports_dports_textproc_pdftk/work/pdftk-1.41/
java_libs" -c Engine.java -o Engine.o
gcj-dp-4.1: libgcj.spec: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [Engine.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libgcj_local] Error 2
make: *** [java_libs] Error 2

Warning: the following items did not execute (for pdftk):
com.apple.activate com.apple.build com.apple.destroot com.apple.install

This was reported on this list a month ago with no solution:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-March/
002085.html

I believe the problem is the gcc41 port, not the pdftk port. When
installed on PowerPC, gcc41 includes a whole lot more stuff than it
does on Intel (590 files on Intel, 3271 files on PowerPC). Attached
is the output of "port contents gcc41" from both architectures. I'm
not sure how to get gcc41 to include all this extra stuff on Intel as
well. Any idea what's going on here?