Removing Developer Tools.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 11 17:36:26 PDT 2007

On Aug 11, 2007, at 07:38, Fernando Lujan wrote:

> Hi guys, after the installation of macports it is possible ro
> remove all software developer tools and gcc 3.3, 4.0 and just
> macports?
>
> I really prefer this way instead of having two versions of ruby,
> perl and so on.

I don't understand the question. What are you asking to remove --
components provided by Mac OS X? or those provided by Xcode? or those
provided my MacPorts portfiles? or some other components?

Mac OS X is maintained by Apple. You should not remove any part of
it, else parts of the OS may not work anymore, and/or future OS
updates may malfunction, and if you call Apple, their advice will be
to reinstall the operating system.

Xcode is required to build ports. You should not remove any part of
it, otherwise you would not be able to install new ports or update
existing ports.

Software installed using MacPorts can be uninstalled using "sudo port
uninstall <portname>" as long as no other port depends on it.