rb-fxruby 1.6.8 upgrade

Luc Lefebvre ll at aei.ca
Mon Aug 27 03:52:21 PDT 2007

On 26-Aug-07, at 6:47 PM, Lyle Johnson wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2007, at 4:01 PM, Luc Lefebvre wrote:
>
>> After upgrading fox to 1.6.8 I attempted to upgrade rb-fxruby.  I
>> got an error message (I unfortunately did not save it) that
>> invited me to go to the download directory:
>> (cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
>> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_ruby
>> _rb-fxruby/work/FXRuby-1.6.8") and run install.rb configure.  I
>> did just that (sudo ruby install.rb config) and and the ran "sudo
>> upgrade rb-fxruby" and it worked.  I don't believe that there is a
>> maintainer at this point but I thought this might be meaningful to
>> someone more knowledgeable than I.
>
> Can you provide any additional information that would help me to
> reproduce the problem? I just tried a clean install of rb-fxruby
> and got the expected output:
>
> $ sudo port upgrade rb-fxruby
> Password:
> --->  Fetching rb-fxruby
> --->  Attempting to fetch FXRuby-1.6.8.tar.gz from http://
> rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/19310/
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for rb-fxruby
> --->  Extracting rb-fxruby
> --->  Configuring rb-fxruby
> --->  Building rb-fxruby with target setup
> --->  Staging rb-fxruby into destroot
> --->  Packaging tgz archive for rb-fxruby 1.6.8_0
> --->  Installing rb-fxruby 1.6.8_0
> --->  Activating rb-fxruby 1.6.8_0
> --->  Cleaning rb-fxruby
> $ port installed rb-fxruby
>   rb-fxruby @1.6.8_0 (active)
Hi Lyle,

I unfortunately did not keep the error message that I was getting
originally.  I tried to reproduce the problem by deactivating,
uninstalling, and cleaning rb-fxruby @1.6.8_0 and then doing sudo
port upgrade rb-fxruby.  This produced a clean upgrade with the
following output:

sparkx:luc luc$ sudo port upgrade rb-fxruby
--->  Activating rb-fxruby 1.2.3_0
--->  Fetching rb-fxruby
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for rb-fxruby
--->  Extracting rb-fxruby
--->  Configuring rb-fxruby
--->  Building rb-fxruby with target setup
--->  Staging rb-fxruby into destroot
--->  Packaging tgz archive for rb-fxruby 1.6.8_0
--->  Deactivating rb-fxruby 1.2.3_0
--->  Installing rb-fxruby 1.6.8_0
--->  Activating rb-fxruby 1.6.8_0
--->  Cleaning rb-fxruby
sparkx:luc luc$

It appears that I can no longer reproduce the problem.  Don't know if
the install.rb configure step that I did previously could have
modified something in my ruby install that was not reversed when I
uninstalled the port.  That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Thanks for the quick response.  Let me know if there is anything that
I can do to check further.

Kind regards,