Ion3 license and possible removal

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 14:13:04 PST 2007

On 12/13/07, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:

> For me this sounds like a removal request... What is the problem with a
> version more than 28 days old? In my personal opinion ion3 with this
> license addition does not qualify as free software any more. Definitely
> remove it.

Wow, from that thread, I would have to agree. for those not inclined to read
through the flamethread, FreeBSD is in a ports freeze, where updates and
changes are verboten, unless they are to fix an issue like a segfault or the
like: these often last a month, and that would span the 28 days.
Never heard of ion3 before today, and I guess I won't miss it.

--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at gmail.com>