problem with multiple macports installations

Daniel Oberhoff daniel at danieloberhoff.de
Tue Dec 18 13:42:44 PST 2007

I also got it done that way now. Just had to take care to save my
original installations (i.e. move them out of the way and later move
them back). Otherwise the installation starts to do a lot of
linking...whatever. Seems to work :). So now I have one 32 bit tree
and one 64bit. So far ok. Just annoying since I have to specify the
right flags at the command line everytime (defaults in macport.tcl
seem to be ignored) and some packages don't use configure but patched
makefiles which requires some handwork.

General suggestion: it would be nice if there would be a 64bit
variant, and the possibility to stack variants (i.e. something like
+ppc +64). Just my 2 cents.

Best

Daniel