tiff - once again

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 27 08:11:47 PST 2007

On Dec 27, 2007, at 09:07, Thorsten Zörner wrote:

> I had scribus 1.3.3.9 running all right until yesterday
> on my MacBook Pro, 2 GHz, MacOS 10.5.1, MacPorts 1.600, X11-2.1.1.
>
> Then I installed/uninstalled some new ports and decided to erase
> all and start from scratch.
> I got scribus compiling all right except for tiff and lcms which
> depends on tiff.
>
> I have looked up previous threads on this list on tiff and tried
> all this:
> 1. sudo port selfupdate
> does not update, because MacPorts is up to date

True, it does not update base, because base is up to date; it does
nevertheless update your ports, and is therefore recommended to
ensure you have the latest ports and base.

> 2. sudo port clean --work tiff
> .. sudo port install tiff
> does not help

Cleaning the work area is nevertheless recommended because otherwise
even if some other task (such as reinstalling the OpenGL SDK as
below) would fix the problem, you could still see the error because
the work area contained outdated information from the last build
attempt.

> 3. reinstall OpenGL SDK followed by
> .. sudo port clean --work tiff
> .. sudo port install tiff
> does not help either
>
> So what is going on?
> Here's the output of the compilation
>

> Macintosh-2:~ thorsten$ sudo port install scribus
> Password:
> --->  Building tiff with target all
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graph
> ics_tiff/work/tiff-3.8.2" && make all " returned error 2
> Command output: Making all in port
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> Making all in libtiff
> make  all-am
> Making all in tools
> /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link /usr/bin/gcc-4.0  -O2 -Wall
> -W  -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -o tiffgt
> tiffgt-tiffgt.o ../libtiff/libtiff.la ../port/libport.la -L/usr/
> X11R6/lib -framework GLUT -lobjc -framework OpenGL -ljpeg -lz -lc
> libtool: link: /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -O2 -Wall -W -o .libs/tiffgt tiffgt-
> tiffgt.o  -L/opt/local/lib ../libtiff/.libs/libtiff.dylib ../
> port/.libs/libport.a -L/usr/X11R6/lib -framework GLUT -lobjc -
> framework OpenGL /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib -lz -lc
> ld: cycle in dylib re-exports with /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib

This bug was supposed to have been fixed according to ticket #12997.
But according to ticket #13683, it has not in fact been fixed.

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13683

I'll add your email address to the Cc list of that ticket so you'll
be informed of the maintainer's progress in resolving it.