gnumeric build troubles

Michael J. Vollinger mikev at geo.umass.edu
Thu Dec 27 10:37:33 PST 2007

Hello all,

I am trying to install gnumeric on a MacBook Pro and keeping getting
this error message:

You must install or activate this package with '-f' (force) as it
needs to overwrite files installed by the perl5.8 port
--->  Installing p5-getopt-long 2.37_0
--->  Activating p5-getopt-long 2.37_0
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/
lib/perl5/5.8.8/Getopt/Long.pm is being used by the active perl5.8
port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f flag to force
the activation.
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: goffice
libgnomeprintui gnome-icon-theme icon-naming-utils p5-getopt-long p5-
xml-simple p5-test-simple p5-test-harness p5-xml-namespacesupport p5-
xml-sax gtk2 atk cairo fontconfig freetype libpng render xrender gtk-
doc jpeg pango Xft2 xorg-xproto xorg-util-macros tiff libgnomecanvas
gail intltool libart_lgpl libglade2 libgnomeprint bison m4
libgnomecups popt libgsf gnome-vfs gconf orbit2 libidl gnome-mime-data
howl neon libbonobo pcre
tephra:~ mikev$

I am fairly new to this stuff. Can anyone give me any pointers please?

Mike

Michael J. Vollinger
Research Assistant
Ronald B. Gilmore XRF Lab