Can't install pdftk +with_gcc34

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Feb 23 23:39:43 PST 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 15:40, Yves de Champlain wrote:

> Well I justed added a with_gcj34 variant that should do the trick.

Thank you, that works.

> However, the gcj34 port is sort of deprecated and should be
> replaced by gcc34 or, even better, gcc41.  Revision 2 of pdftk was
> a switch from gcj34 to gcc34 which explains why it used to work
> with gcj.

Well the gcj34 portfile makes no mention that it is deprecated. And
I'm pretty sure I didn't install it deliberately since I don't even
know what gcj is; some other port I was interested in (maybe pdftk)
decided to install gcj34 for me. If it's deprecated, then let's find
all the ports that require it, fix them to use something else (gcc34
you say?) and then delete the gcj34 port.

I guess pdftk can't just use the compiler Apple provides with Xcode
because it doesn't include a gcj?