glpk patch for octave

David MacMahon davidm at astro.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 27 22:02:16 PST 2007

On Feb 27, 2007, at 20:49 , M. White wrote:
> Just a question here, I've noticed that the recommended fix for
> GLPK includes:
>
>   #ifdef GLPK_PRE_4_15
>
> which seems to indicate to me that it will still be a problem if
> someone happens to
> be running 4.14 (as the bindings changed from 4.13 to 4.14 and
> apparently the
> EXTRA.mem changed from 4.14 to 4.15.  So technically, it looks like
> octave with the
> revisions will work with any version of glpk  _except_ 4.14.  Is
> this correct?  (If you
> read closely, the change had only been tested with 4.11 and 4.15.)

I believe the glpk patch for the octave port modifies __glpk__.cc
directly to declare and call functions that still exist in the
library but are no longer declared (i.e. exposed) in the gplk header
file.  It does not setup or use the GLPK_PRE_4_15 macro.

I'm not sure whether this results in a .cc file that is compatible
with version 4.14, but since the current glpk port is revision 4.15
does anyone need 4.14 compatibility?

Dave