d-bus and general gfortran question

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Wed Feb 28 15:37:10 PST 2007

I'll look into the "unit tests" problem with D-Bus. At this point,
there is something else broken in D-Bus on Mac OS X and the *BSD
systems (upstream maintainers are aware of the issue) that pretty
much renders D-Bus mostly inoperable anyway. (However GNOME(ish)
applications are increasingly just breaking without its presence
during a build, but seem to care less if they can really use it (A
user who switches back and forth between Mac OS X and a recent Linux
can tell however)).

The standard autoconf-based configure script (the most common type in
the open/free software world these days) always checks for fortran,
even if the application or library being built has no need for it.
Its a historical artifact. Worry not about it.