New slrn-dev port

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Wed Jan 3 08:58:35 PST 2007

Sbranzo <sbranzo at gmail.com> on Tuesday, January 2, 2007 at 4:26 AM -0800
wrote:
>I'm trying to write a new slrn-dev port using the same cvs snapshot used
>in debian-unstable.
>
>To do this I think I need to execute some commands between the
>various phases of the automated process:
>
>1) The name of the sources tarball is
>slrn_0.9.8.1pl2~cvs20061116.orig.tar.gz, but the enclosed folder is
>called slrn-0.9.8.1pl2cvs20061116 ("-" instead of "_" and w/o .orig)
>How could I workaround this? Now I simply use slrn-0.9.8.1pl2cvs20061116
>as distname, but I have to manually place sources in
>/opt/local[..]/distfiles/slrn-0.9.8.1pl2[..].tar.gz

When the tarball or extract folder names do not match the default
${name}-${version} format, override the default with these keywords as
needed in the global portfile (not inside any phase):

distfiles	${name}_weird_name.tar.gz
worksrcdir	extracted_folder_name

>2) Inside the autoconf directory a couple of links are wrong. They point
>to /usr/share/automake-1.9/ and on tiger I have automake-1.6.
>Is this a common problem? (which is a different way of asking for a common
>solution ;-)

I'm not sure the answer to this.  I don't understand fully what you mean,
but probably because I wouldn't understand autoconf issues anyway.
Perhaps someone else can help.

>I'm using the current slrn portfile as a base, and I'm not sure it's
>completely correct in the ssl variant, because it explicitly points to
>/usr/lib.

Unless there is a reason it will not work this way, the accepted way is to
depend upon MacPorts openssl port and
-with-ssl-include=${prefix}/whatever.  See the FAQ for reasons why if
necessary.  Some ports are old and just haven'tbeen done this way and
neverchanged.  It definitely should be changed unless it just won't work
that way.  If so, comments should be inserted explaining why so others
won't have to scratch their heads and wonder why it is this way.

Mark