Q: Transfering list of installed ports to a different machine?

Ralf Graf ralf at uninformation.org
Thu Jan 4 12:12:35 PST 2007

Hi all,

I'm in the process of moving my stuff from my good old G4-Powerbook
to an all shiny new MacBook Pro. I wonder wether it's possible to
take over my installed ports from the Powerbook to the MacBook Pro.
Simply copying /opt/local shouldn't work, because the installed ones
are all PPC-Binaries.

Is there a way of rebuilding the same list of ports without the need
to hack every port that "port installed" listed on the old machine
into a terminal on the new machine?

I may sound confusing, to make clear what I'm searching for,
something like:

Old machine: ports installed > list_of_ports.txt
New machine: ports install < list_of_ports.txt

TIA, regards
Ralf