chkrootkit-0.46a installation failure

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 10 12:29:51 PST 2007

On Jan 10, 2007, at 11:48, bkw479 at mac.com wrote:

> I tried chkrootkit installation with MacPorts Version 1.320.
>
> $ port -d install chkrootkit
>
> And I failed in the installation as follows.

> --->  Attempting to fetch chkrootkit.tar.gz from ftp://
> ftp.pangeia.com.br/pub/seg/pac/
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time
> Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent
> Left  Speed
> 100 37791  100 37791    0     0   2288      0  0:00:16  0:00:16
> --:--:--  6405
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for chkrootkit
> DEBUG: Executing com.apple.checksum (chkrootkit)
> --->  Checksumming chkrootkit.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for chkrootkit.tar.gz
> Portfile checksum: chkrootkit.tar.gz md5
> b73fb9e365d2edcd031d65b16e965a18
> Distfile checksum: chkrootkit.tar.gz md5
> 4c6455d202cef35395a673386e4bf01a
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>                                          # same to chkrootkit-0.47
> tarball's MD5 signature
>                                          # ftp://ftp.pangeia.com.br/
> pub/seg/pac/chkrootkit.md5
> Error: Target com.apple.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
> checksums
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for chkrootkit):
> com.apple.activate com.apple.extract com.apple.checksum
> com.apple.patch com.apple.configure com.apple.build
> com.apple.destroot com.apple.install

Fixed in revision 21168. Do a "sudo port sync" in a couple hours and
it should work. The port was downloading "chkrootkit.tar.gz", the
contents of which will obviously change when the next version of the
software is released, thus breaking the port since it checks the
file's checksum. I upgraded the port to 0.47, and it's now
downloading using a versioned file name ("chkrootkit-0.47.tar.gz") so
that when the next version of chkrootkit is released, the same
problem will not occur again.